Monday 20 July 2009

A Little bit Country


Just enough time to run home looking as though I'd fallen out of a tree, get changed and run back out again to meet Luna at Big Red ... we're going to watch Norton Money at 12bar, so I wore a country dress - I didn't really do it on purpose, but I fit in well when I got there which is not normally how things work out. When there I looked less like I'd fallen from a tree and more like I'd spent the night in a haystack - with giant horses and clockwork cows. I lost my voice in Big Red, think it went down with my beer. Somehow time manages to fly away - we try to chase it and didn't really catch up, but by the time we got there we wern't late: again, the only explination is a time warp type of thing. The band were lovely, they made me feel happy and I wished I'd have had some cowboy boots on so I could dance around for real and not just inside my head... or that annoying thing people do at gigs where they bop heir head up and down a little bit in a very English kind of way not doing either standing still or dancing with any conviction at all. It was past time to go but we stayed a little longer. Back on the bus : back to Davids... I feel funny, but he makes me feel better.

1 comment:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I really like the way you write <3